02 Nov 6 Reads That Will Change The Way You Live and Love
You know what kind of person you are when the phrase “what books should I read?” is the most common message sliding up in your DM’s.
Most entrepreneurs would say they are self-made but I can’t say I was self-made….I’ve had the help of hundreds of teachers, right from the comfort of my very own home. Reading has taught me most of what I test, implement and subsequently adapt for teaching clients today. I’m always reading (and listening) to at least four or five self-help books at any one time. You could say it’s an avid hobby of mine, one that’s completely shaped my life.
So what’s to stop you from growing beyond where you’ve ever been before when you have access to all this knowledge? Let’s get to reading!
For the Mind.
1. The Untethered Soul by Michael A Singer. An incredibly profound yet surprisingly simple and easy-to-understand read about spirituality and how to apply it to your life. I found it touched on similar topics to the hugely popular ‘The Power of Now’ by Eckhart Tolle (also a great book) but it is a much shorter read and perhaps more digestible in it’s expression of the topics.
For the Heart.
2. Whatever Arises, Love That by Matt Kahn. Want to understand self-love? This is your book. Gentle, soothing and deeply moving, Matt has a way of speaking directly to the sweetness that exists in each of us. I often recommend this book to clients who are struggling to grasp the concept (let alone the practice) of loving oneself.
For your Relationships.
3. Loving What Is by Byron Katie. The Judge Your Neighbour worksheet and subsequent questions outlined and explained in this book, is one of the most powerful practices I use. It dissipates judgement and unwinds the suffering created by the stories we make up about what is going on in our lives. I use these tools with my clients and recommend this book often!
For the Soul.
4. I Am The Word: A Guide to the Consciousness of Man’s Self in a Transitioning Time by Paul Selig. I don’t often recommend this book, only to people I feel would really be ready to receive it because it really is receiving more than reading. This book is transformative in information and in frequency. You will come to know and feel what I mean, should you choose to read it…
For your Goals.
5. The One Thing by Gary W. Keller and Jay Papasan. My beloved (one of the most productive, get-sh*t-done people I know) gifted me this book early last year when I was setting out to create my online programs. Now they exist, check them out here, this method works people!
For your Sexual Liberation.
6. Pussy: A Reclamation by Regena Thomashauer. Yes, even the guys should read this one. This is a laugh-out-loud, wriggle-in-your-seat kinda read that had even me blushing! Changing the way we relate to our pleasure and pussy… Read if you dare.
Follow me on instagram @angelikaalana or subscribe to join the tribe and receive access to a free video masterclass by clicking here!